The institution established IQAC in 10-12-2003 immediately after its first accreditation.
The following are the members of the IQAC at present:
Chairman: Dr. Varghese K. Cheriyan
Co- Ordinator: Dr. Ronu Thomas
- Dr. Latha Joseph
- Dr.Anisha V. Gopalakrishnan
- Dr. Sunitha Susan Jose
- Fr. Xavier C.S.
Administrative Staff Representative: Sr. Jollymma Joseph
P.T.A. President: Mr. Joy Mathew
Local Representative: Mr. James Kurian
- Mr. Thomas P.J.
- Mrs. Biji Varghese
Student Representative: Mr. Alwin Roy (Chairman)
Stakeholder Representative: Fr. James Mullassery
Some of the major initiatives undertaken by the IQAC in the previous years are detailed below.
The college started publishing its research journal annually titled ‘The Ground Builder an Attempt to Recast Quality Education’ with ISSN 2249-9911 from 2011 onwards.
IQAC encourages faculty to take up research projects funded by the UGC. Two minor projects funded by the UGC have been completed and a major project is being undertaken. Faculty has also applied for research projects from various funding agencies.
The IQAC also supported the organization of national seminars and workshops. Four UGC sponsored events (three national seminars and a conference) and a national workshop were conducted in the previous years
IQAC also promotes the organization of various curricular and co- curricular programmes.
- Assessment of entry behaviour and remedial programmes in English Language proficiency, Computer Literacy, General Knowledge, and Teaching Aptitude
- Demonstration classes by SRGs, DRGs and subject experts from DIET/SCERT
- Introduced an internship programme for B. Ed students
- Institution of Blessed Kuriakose Elias Chavara Lecture Series,
- Interaction with eminent personalities from various walks of life
- Add on programmes
- Spiritual animation programme with a secular outlook
- Study tours especially to the national capital Delhi
- Health related activities
- Extension activities like regular visits and donations to special schools,remedial instruction for the inmates of Juvenile home, community extension programmes like vermi-culture, mushroom cultivation and herbal garden.
- Coaching classes for K-TET (and CTET)
- Journal writing during practice teaching
- Peer evaluation during Teaching Practice
The IQAC took the initiative for infrastructural additions like Fr. William Memorial Resource Centre, Media Lab, Digital language lab, and Smart Boards, LCD projectors, Digitalised sound system, Gymnasium, ladies staff quarters, library and laboratory upgradation.
The IQAC took great interest in strengthening stakeholder relationships:
- Yearly meetings with the mentor teachers of the practice teaching schools
- Designed a variety of feedback forms for its stakeholders, so as to get a more detailed and objective feedback from all the elements of the system.
- The Annual alumni day is organized on the second Saturday of December every year. The college also honours the silver and golden jubilarians of the college, every year.
P.T.A. general body meeting is convened in the beginning of each academic year.
The IQAC took the lead in imparting education in an inclusive environment.
- The IQAC took the lead in providing scholarships for our students utilising the following U.G.C. Grants
- The Management also provides scholarships for meritorious and economically weaker students.
- Reservation of seats to the economically backward in management seats
- The award day to felicitate the meritorious students of the previous batch is held along with the college day celebration of the next year.
- The college has instituted endowments and scholarships to meritorious students.