Lux et Virtus (Light & Virtue)
To nurture teachers who are globally competent who shall promote democratic and spiritual values to create a just and humane society.
- To form teachers who remain ever committed to excellence in academic standards.
- To form teachers who uphold and promote holistic development of the individuals.
- To form leaders of quality in all walks of life who serve their fellowmen with justice, truth and love.
- To form teachers who promote an appreciation of our cultural heritage and help to mould a just society.
- To form teachers who are sensitive to environmental issues.
- To form educators who are recognised for their contribution in the field of teaching, research, and extension.
- To form teachers who imbibe national, social, spiritual values and international understanding.
THE CORE VALUES UPHELD BY THE COLLEGE
- Faith in God
- Integrity of character
- Respect for the dignity of the individual
- Commitment to the nation
- Being Vision and field independent
- Positive Interdependence
- Quest for excellence
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
St. Joseph’s Training College, Mannanam, is established with clear goals in view, following the educational policy of the CMI Congregation. The college stands for academic excellence, good discipline, development of skills, and character formation based on the love of God and the service of mankind as modelled in the person of Jesus Christ. Accordingly, the Governing Body redefined the objectives of St. Joseph’s Training College as follows:
- To form teachers who are intellectually competent, spiritually mature, morally upright, psychologically integrated, physically healthy and socially acceptable;
- To enable teacher trainees champion the cause of justice, love, truth and peace, and be ever open to further growth;
- To facilitate the teacher trainees to serve the nation in general and Christian community in particular;
- To develop healthy study habits and refined social relations
- To instill the national values of ahimsa, spirituality, truth, tolerance, fraternity, democracy, secularism, national integration and International understanding and to uphold them even at the risk of one’s life.
- To provide quality teacher education for all irrespective of caste and creed
- To form teachers who are committed to the cause of the marginalised and of the less privileged.
- To form teachers who are able to contribute to national development.
- To form teachers who are sensitive to the needs of the society.