The college has more than 20600 books on different subjects, 49 sets of Encyclopedias and 70 Dictionaries.The colleges subscribes 33 Journals, 15 periodicals, 5 weeklies and 5 Newspapers. For ready reference digital collection of AERA journals published up to the period of December 2000 and 1,100 back volumes of different educational journals are kept in the library. The library is fully automated through ILS Koha, an open source automation software, with bar-coding and gateway registrar. The library also subscribes Inflibnet’s NList membership for accessing E-resources. The library has internet and reprographic facilities. A good collection of educational DVD/CDs are also available in the library.
- All students are members of the college library.
- Students shall produce their identity cards for entering the library.
- Silence is observed in the library.
- Library is open from 9.00 a.m. to 05.00 p.m. on all working days. Library remains closed on Sundays and other public holidays.
- Readers’ Tickets are issued to students. All such tickets shall be re- turned to the library at the end of the academic year. In case tickets are lost, the student has to pay a fine of Rs.10/- per ticket.
- Requests for books must be made during the morning session. No books will be issued to messengers.
- Students shall ordinarily be allowed to borrow 3 books at a time for a period of 5 days. A book may be renewed for a second time for a period of 3 days.
- Students shall ordinarily be allowed to borrow 2 journals at a time for a period of two days and shall not be allowed to renew for a second time. Current issue of any journal will not be issued.
- Absence is not a cause for not returning the books on due dates. A fine of Rs.1/- per day per book is levied if books are not returned on the due date.
- Marking or writing in books is forbidden. The last borrower is responsible for any defect or mutilation, which are not pointed out at the time of taking the books. A new copy of the same book shall be replaced for the book lost or mutilated within a month from the due date. Students may freely select books from the shelves. They can lay the books flat on the shelves after reference. Books shall not be misplaced. Library Catalogue index is given in the last section of this handbook.
- Students are allowed to take only one notebook into the library. Other belongings should be kept in the shelves at the entrance.
- The Librarian may reserve any book to the Reference Section of the Library at the direction of the Principal.
- Reference Books can be consulted in the Library. They shall not be taken out of the Library.
- Reading materials shall not be removed from the Reading Room with- out the permission of the Librarian.
- The Librarian is authorised to carry out all the provisions of these rules including levying of fine.
- Members of the teaching staff will ordinarily be allowed to borrow ten books at a time for a period up to 14 days.